We’ve only been in Seattle for a few days, but so far my impressions have been almost entirely positive. Here are a bunch of random things I love so far:
- Mt. Rainier in the evening sunlight.
- I’ve seen more Priuses and Smart Cars here in five days than I’ve seen in Pittsburgh in the last two years (anywhere, ever, really).
- HOV lanes on every freeway.
- Marymoor Park.
- Average people who use the internet, and assume that you do to.
- The mountains and the sea, together
- Chowder at Ivar’s. (had it today… confirming that I am in fact in Seattle. Keep Clam!)
- The Space Needle at night.
- Great coffee everywhere.
- The nation’s strictest smoking ban passed statewide here in a voter referendum, winning a majority of voters in every county
- Express buses with WiFi.
- The transit tunnel. A subway for busses.
- Uwajimaya grocery. Across the street from my office.